Our business strategy
The focus of the Group’s business strategy is to deliver material improvements in shareholder returns through increasing profitability, while improving the efficiency of capital employed.
This strategy is flexible enough to be successfully delivered both during periods of stable market conditions and short periods of market weakness.
Our mission statement is set out as follows:
“Aiming to deliver market leading performance over the cycle from long term land investment with a focus on building and selling quality family homes.”
Based on the following principles:
- Acquiring, designing and developing quality traditional housing sites, focusing primarily in the south of England (excluding London)
- Creating aspirational homes using its well specified Portfolio traditional housing range in desirable settings, delivered with dedicated customer service
- Growing to an optimal scale to suit the selected geography and product range, which enables ongoing high quality management of risk and reward through short lines of management control
- Managing the business across the housing cycle to maximise returns, while effectively stewarding shareholders’ capital
- Enabling motivated and engaged employees and business partners to work ethically within a safe and healthy environment
The successful execution of this strategy, married with the appropriate market conditions, should enable the Group to continue to progressively increase output capacity and further improve margins.